A delayed blog is eventually good, a bad blog is bad forever.

The title of this post is a modified quote from legendary game designer, Shigeru Miyamoto, who you may know as the creator of the Mario and Legend of Zelda franchises. The original quote, as he famously said it, goes as follows:
"A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever."
The same principle applies to this blog, and I think it's time I revived it and started posting more actively. I thought I would take this opportunity to update any who might be reading this on where I've been, what I'm doing now, and what to expect going forward.

First of all, the reason for my failure to post since last July are very personal. I don't think I should talk about exactly what it was on this blog, but it affected my life very negatively, and was a problem for long enough to keep me away from game development altogether. This is no longer the case, as indicated by this post. I wish I could have gotten the ball rolling on my portfolio sooner, but it's probably for the best that I held off. Anything I would have had in there would not have been an accurate representation of my ability. The following quote somewhat applies here:
"A wizard is never late, nor is he early, he arrives precisely when he means to!"

- Gandalf, The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
While I may not have returned to this blog precisely when I meant to, waiting to return worked out in my favor. Right now, I'm getting back to the portfolio, since it's pretty weak in its current form. Stay tuned for updates on my progress in that area. On that note, I will be sure to update this blog more frequently with progress updates, and occasionally other topics related to game development.

To those who followed me up to this point, thank you for your support. To those reading, but yet to follow, I hope this blog will be worth your time going forward. I will do everything possible to be sure I have something more substantial here.

You could say that when I first created this blog, I never made it past the title screen. Now, I've pressed Start, and the game has really begun. Commencing Level 1!

Popular posts from this blog

Alien Pixels From Outer Space Released Early!

So, it's time to start this whole game dev blogging thing

I HAVE RETURNED!!! Why I've been quiet these past couple weeks, and an update on my next project