What I've been working on for the past month

So, for the past month now, I've been working on this game. In hindsight, I probably should have started this blog first, so you could have had the whole development cycle, but, what can you do?

The game is called Alien Pixels From Outer Space. It's a pretty simple Space Invaders clone made in the Unity engine. I've currently got several systems in place:


  • Player movement
  • Player shooting
  • Enemies moving in formation
  • Enemies in the bottom row shooting (wherever the bottom row is, those are the enemies that shoot)
  • Enemy death upon being shot by the player
  • Destructible barriers in front of the player
  • Player death, and a lives system
  • User Interface (UI) elements, including the level number, lives counter, and score

There are still things to do, listed below:

  • Title screen/menu
  • Pause screen/menu
  • Game Over screen
  • A method to gain extra lives, based on score intervals
  • Sound effects
  • Additional levels
  • A UFO that spawns at random intervals and awards bonus points, if destroyed

The core gameplay loop is finished. Now all that's left to do is add the extra features. The good news is that the most time-consuming parts are done, and I expect that this game will go live soon. I have a gif below. Behold the glorious programmer art!


Popular posts from this blog

Alien Pixels From Outer Space Released Early!

So, it's time to start this whole game dev blogging thing

I HAVE RETURNED!!! Why I've been quiet these past couple weeks, and an update on my next project